Wednesday 16 November 2011

Face to (lack of) face

I like to think I don't really do hero worship but you'll have to excuse my gushing a little bit because the other evening I got to to meet Peter Blegvad.

Peter wrote the amazing comic strip Leviathan, about a faceless and philosophically inclined baby that ran in the Indy on Sunday from 1992 to 1999, when I was but an impressionable teenager.

Leviathan was an oblique but definite influence on William Blake, Taxi Driver, and the inquisitive and playful nature of the strip has been an influence on me as a human (I hope) as much as a comic artist.

Here's what my meeting with Peter might have looked like.






















(He didn't really have milk, but he is very tall).

If you have no idea what I'm on about I urge you in the strongest possible terms to check out Leviathan over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment