Sunday 26 August 2012

Let's draw with Herbie

I've been rejigging my portfolio and website for my MA final assessment and exhibition. My style and approach to colour has changed so much over the last few months that I've been struggling to make it all look like one person's portfolio. In particular I didn't really think that my previous 'title page'
represented what was to follow anymore so I decided to do a new one.



But I still wanted to use my 'signature' colours of cyan, yellow, black & white, so I returned to my original source of graphic inspiration...

... the book of Blue Note record covers. Such amazing graphic compositions coupled with stark b&w photography and emotive use of colour.

There, I found this little beauty, the cover of Herbie Hancock's second album (or so the internet tells me).

















And here's my new portfolio title page. See the resemblance?























Mmmm.... nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment